Friday, 30 January 2009
Following not so hot on the heels of Aliya's film dialogue, here are the opening lines from some songs. Stylistically as broad as you like. All pretty popular enough in their time. So go on then, name that tune in...
1. I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand. I pick up all the pieces and make an island... Voodoo Chile, The Jimi Hendrix Experience
2. She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories Sweet Child o' Mine ,Guns n' Roses
3. What is happening here? Something is going on that's not quite clear. Somebody turn on the light Dancing on the ceiling, Lionel Richi
4. Well I met a pretty girl, as pretty as can be. I thought she was my baby till she introduced to me a great big tall fella, about six foot tall
5. Every finger in the room is pointing at me. I wanna spit in their faces then I get afraid of what that could bring Crucify, Tori Amos
6. The suburbs they are dreaming, they are a twinkle in her eye. She's been feeling frisky since her husband said goodbye. Stereotypes, Blur
7. Well, you wake up in the morning, you hear the work bell ring and they march you to the table, you see the same old thing
8. I'm gonna shoot you right down, right offa your feet, take you home with me, put you in my house. Boom boom, John Lee Hooker
So number eight is a bit of a cheat, but if you know it, you'll know it.